Thursday 5 January 2012

Annabella's - 'Some like it hot' tagine

Seems like we are all on the same veg detox idea!

I made a vegetable tagine last night:

2 Onions
350g Butternut squash or sweet potato (or a mix)
250g Green Beans
2 Courgettes
2 Carrots
Tin of Chickpeas
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Vegtable Stock
2 tsp Ras El Hanout
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp Hot Paprika
1 tsp Ground Coriander

I put it in the slow cooker and put it on before I went to work so it was ready when I got in but you could probably cook it for an 1hr/1.5hr or so without a slow cooker. It makes quite a lot so you can freeze it too.

Also I like my food quite punchy so if you are not into hot food you might want to reduce the Ras El Hanout to 1 tsp.

You can eat it on its own or with cous cous but it was cheap, healthy and yum! Annabella

No comments:

Post a Comment